Food & Drink for allDINE IN COMFORT
The Griffin restaurant offers a diverse range of food to cater for your needs. Head Chef Gina has introduced a host of different dishes and can cater for both a sit down meal in the 30 seater restaurant backed by a cosy open fire, or alternatively bar snacks if you don’t want to miss the pub atmosphere or perhaps a sporting event. The food in the restaurant allows to customers to experience different cultures while also enjoying traditional pub food or one of the famous Griffin Sunday Roasts.
We value feedback at the Griffin as we strive to being labelled a ‘a good food pub’. We are always looking to offer an up to date menu that satisfies our customers, both within Isleham and also those who visit from further afield. Below are some recent testimonials from out customers, but we would love to hear from you so please Contact The Griffin with your feedback, menu suggestion or any questions about what we offer.
Review from viewcambridge.co.uk 30/08/2010 - “A very friendly and well run country pub. There is always a good atmosphere and the owners Michael and Gina are very accommodating. The food is great and there is a good selection of beers and wine.”
RELAX WITH A DRINK
Since takeover in 2008, Michael has expanded the array of drinks available at the Griffin.
- Bombardier - ‘Drink of England’ 4.3% with a strong feel of Englishness. Brewed by Wells & Youngs.
- Twitchell - Pale session ale, 3.8%. Brewed by Buntingford.
- London Pride - One of the best known English beers, a mahogany colour at 4.1%. Brewed by Fullers.
- Becks - Beck Vier on pump & bottled 5%. Very pale, golden colour beer from Germany.
- Fosters - On pump, Australia’s biggest export, 4%. Brits drink over 30 pints a second!
- Kronenbourg - Best selling, pale larger in France, the 1664 brand is 5.5% abv on pump.
- Corona - Top selling, worldwide bottled larger from Mexico, 4.6%.
- Guinness - Draught from Dublin, Ireland is a huge world wide brand, 4.1%.
- Caffrey’s - Northern Irish beer on pump, provides a smooth refreshment at 4.2% abv.
- Aspall - Suffolk Cider on draught at 5.5% abv.
- Bulmers & Magners - Refreshing bottled cider, synonymous with hot summers days.
- A selection of 187ml bottles (approximately 1.5 glasses) of red, white and rose
The above list in by no means exhaustive and is regularly refreshed. We also serve a range of popular alcopops, spirits and soft drinks.
Review from thomsonlocal.com 29/11/2009 - “A pleasing place to go for a beer, food and the occasional live music. Staff are friendly and eager to serve and the locals provide a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.”